In honor of Valentine’s Day I will be posting some easy dessert recipes. This Chocolate Cake takes 5 minutes to whip up and uses pantry ingredients. This my version of the very popular chocolate cake using vinegar to help lighten it. I used my Low Fat Vegenaise Alternative with great results. Gluten free cake can be dry, so the mayo helps with that. Who wants to eat sandy cake? Not me!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- ½ c flax meal
- 1 c rice milk
- ½ c strong coffee
- ½ c vegan mayo
- 1/2 c cocoa
- ½ c olive oil
- 1 c sugar
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 c Bob’s Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 t baking soda
- Healthy pinch salt
- 2 t baking powder
- Preheat over to 350
- In a mixing bowl, add the flax, milk, coffee, mayo, olive oil, sugar and vinegar. Beat Very well
- Sift together the rest of the ingredients and stir into the wet ingredients.
- Stir really really well.
- Spray a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray, pour batter into pan,
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.; allow cake to cool for 20 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack to continue cooling
I will be posting the recipe for an Orange Scented Chocolate Pecan Pie later this week.
Here are a couple links to some more yummy desserts:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Pie
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- Gluten Free Brownies
- Coconut Key Lime Pie (almost raw)
- Chunky Monkey Mug Cake with Banana Pecan Ice Cream
By the way, I am working on getting a Recipe Index up on this site! This will be a work in progress, but so far I have around 50 recipes categorized and linked. I’ll work on it a bit each day and it will probably be finished in a week or so. Check it out!